Monday, December 31, 2007

Welcome to the Good Life

I had a premonition. All my peeps are going to see success and prosperity in the upcoming year, and it made me very happy.

So, party hard today until the break of 2008, then 'Welcome to the Good Life"!

As personal goals, I have made the following resolutions for 2008. Many of these resolutions can be done in tandem, so feel free to join in!

Prosperity:
Bar Hoppin - Get my Patent Bar finished, and 'D.C.' bar certified by March (April at latest).

Come up on Some Scrill - I want to make 20K more next year than this one. Lets start a business. e-mail with your business plans.
Happiness:
Rock Out
- Dust the dirt off my shoulders as well as the dust off my new guitar.

Pound the Hole - My Calloway Clubs have an itch to be played with. That's golf for you dirty minded peeps.
Health:
The Century Club (Rather 1.2 millennium club) - Run 5 miles a day, average of 5 days a week
(5 miles/day x 5 days/week x 4 weeks/month = 100 miles per month; 1.2 k miles per year)

Transform 20 - I want to keep most of my body weight, so I want to only lose 10 pounds, and transform at least another 10 pounds into muscle mass.

Isolated 8:00 - My eating schedule is backed up so that I typically eat dinner after 10:00 or 11:00 at night. Unless in a social occasion, try to eat my last meal before 8:00.

The Dry Spell - To not drink alcohol except for on social occasions... So lets celebrate next year.

Representing the 'yay' (bay area for those ebonically challenged):
Bring back the following phrases:
ill/illin -
'ILL' : Adjective meaning 'wild' or 'crazy'. Not always derogatory, but used when something may be so outrageous so as to be unruly.'ILLIN': Adjective or Verb. Lunatic behaviour. See above.
"The guy was drunk - he was Illin'""With those green and yellow clothes you look real ill."

knockin boots -
Don't want to publish a definition here. Ask your ill'st friend.
taxi -
Phrase to shout out when someone makes an embarrassing party-foul (ex. when a person breaks a glass at a bar). Derives from the need to call a taxi to get the embarrassment out of sight.

Time for you to make your resolutions. Holla back if you want to join me in some runs, pastimes, or business plans.
HAPPY 2008!
-a

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

hi aaron! so i'm not much for paying attention, but it looks like 'knocking boots' is listed as one of your resolutions, along with less alcohol. good luck with that oxymoron!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Khanh said...

The good life sounds fabulous.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home